New Orleans Driver’s License Suspension Lawyer
We rely on our driver’s license to go to work or school or run errands. If you have kids, having a license is especially important. So when something threatens our ability to drive, it can be a real hardship to ourselves and our families.
Tickets, accidents, and DUI offenses can cause your license to be suspended. You cannot legally drive on a suspended license. If you get caught, you can face hefty fines, vehicle impoundment, an even longer driver’s license suspension, and even jail time. Don’t take that chance. Legal help is available.
Having a lawyer on your side to help you get your license back can be highly beneficial. The team at Palazzo Law Firm can protect your driving privileges. Contact an experienced New Orleans driver’s license suspension lawyer today to see how we can help.
Reasons for License Suspension
There are several reasons why a person might get their license suspended:
- Excessive moving violations. Louisiana has a system to track your moving violations called the Problem Driver Pointer System. Your license will be suspended if you receive too many tickets in a short period of time.
- Driving under the influence. A DUI can lead to license suspension, among other penalties.
- Inadequate insurance. Drivers need to maintain the minimum requirements for insurance when driving in Louisiana
- Driving-related violations. Reckless driving, causing a fatal accident, and not stopping for a stopped school bus can result in license suspension.
- Other issues. Failure to pay traffic tickets or child support can lead to license suspension.
Benefits of Hiring a Driver’s License Suspension Lawyer
You may think you can handle a driver’s license issue on your own, but it can be complicated. Louisiana has various processes in place for getting your license reinstated. Plus, you will want to reduce your charges as much as possible. Here’s how a lawyer can help:
- Save time and money. A lawyer can help you save money on fines and court costs, as well as increases to your insurance premiums. You can save time by not having to miss work to go to court.
- Fight the charges. Your lawyer can help you fight the charges that resulted in your driver’s license suspension. If the charges are dropped, then your license will no longer be suspended
- Work out a plea deal. Your lawyer can work with the prosecutor to allow you to plead guilty to a lesser offense. This can reduce the penalties you will face for the conviction.
- Help you apply for a hardship license. A lawyer can help you reinstate your license after your suspension is over
Contact Palazzo Law Firm Today
Driver’s license issues can cause a lot of problems. They can make life more difficult, since you cannot legally drive. The team at Palazzo Law Firm will work hard to help you get your driver’s license back so you can get from place to place without hardship. Schedule a consultation with our New Orleans driver’s license suspension lawyer today by calling 504-433-1442 or filling out the online form.