Metairie Driver’s License Suspension Lawyer
If your driver’s license has been suspended, it can put a real strain on your life. You may find it difficult to get back and forth from work, get your children to school, and even run simple errands, such as buying groceries. Some people still try to drive on a suspended license.
It is critical to know that if you do this you will be charged additional fines, may have your vehicle impounded, and can even face an additional year of suspension. In some cases, you may even be sentenced to jail time. Do not fight your case on your own. Our Metairie driver’s license suspension lawyer can advocate on your behalf to give you the best chance of a successful outcome.
How Can a Metairie Driver’s Suspension Lawyer Help Your Case?
When working with a Metairie driver’s suspension lawyer, they will take many actions on your behalf to reduce the suspension time or to eliminate the possibility of a suspension altogether. These include:
- Negotiate a plea bargain with the prosecution wherein you plead guilty to a lesser offense in exchange for a reduced fine and lower other consequences you may face,
- Defend against the charges that caused your driver’s license suspension in the first place so your charges are dropped and to bring your driver’s license in good standing once again
- Guide you through the process of applying for a hardship license, or
- Help you navigate the process of reinstating your driver’s license after the suspension period expires.
A lawyer will also always advocate for your rights and make sure they are fully protected.
Common Reasons for Driver’s License Suspensions
There are many reasons motorists have their driver’s license suspended in Metairie. The most common of these include:
- Multiple moving violations: Unlike other states that use a point system to determine how many moving violations you can receive before a license suspension, Louisiana uses the Problem Driver Pointer System to determine if you have accumulated too many tickets within a certain period of time.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs: The length of time your driver’s license is suspended for after a DUI arrest or conviction will depend on the severity of the crime and any previous DUI convictions you have on your record.
- Driving on a suspended license or without a license
- Failing to maintain the proper amounts of auto insurance as outlined by state law
- Using a vehicle during the commission of a felony
- Traffic violations, such as failing to properly stop for a school bus when required, reckless driving, or causing a fatal accident
- Failure to pay previous traffic tickets or child support
Our Driver’s License Suspension Lawyer in Metairie Can Help You Get Your License Back
Having your license suspended is a real inconvenience that can make life very difficult. At Palazzo Law Firm, our Metairie driver’s license suspension lawyer can help you determine the legal avenue that is right for you to give you the best chance of getting your license back. Call us now at 504-433-1442 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.