Gretna Car Accident Lawyer
Louisiana is growing in population in many areas. This amounts to more vehicles on the roadways, which then leads to more accidents. Car accidents are very common, happening on a daily basis. Nobody wants to get into a car accident. At the very least, a car crash can be an inconvenience. At the most, it can be fatal. There are so many degrees in between. If you suffered injuries in a car crash due to someone else’s negligence, be sure to seek legal help right away. A Gretna car accident lawyer from Palazzo Law Firm can help you get the compensation you deserve. We’ll even go to court if that’s what it takes.
Types of Car Accidents
Some common types of car accidents include the following:
- Rear-end accidents. A rear-end crash occurs when the front of one vehicle hits the rear of the vehicle in front of it. These accidents tend to occur when a driver is tailgating or not paying attention. They may also be speeding and unable to stop in time. Most of these crashes occur at low speeds, such as in traffic.
- Rollover accidents. Rollovers are often caused by tipping. When a car’s tire hits something, like a curb, it could shift the vehicle’s weight to one side, causing it to roll over onto its roof or side. Vehicles with a high center of gravity, such as trucks and SUVs, are most likely to roll over.
- Head-on accidents. Head-on crashes occur when the fronts of two vehicles collide. These accidents are the deadliest, since the two vehicles are often driving toward each other at high speeds. These crashes are often caused by improper passing, distracted driving, fatigue, and intoxication.
Liability in a Car Accident
Louisiana operates under pure comparative negligence. What this means is that multiple parties can be found liable for an accident. Each one may be required to pay for an amount of damages proportional to their fault. This is good news for you because if you are injured in a crash that is partially your fault, you can still recover compensation. For example, if you suffered $20,000 in damages and are 25% at fault, then you will still recover $15,000.
Car accidents are not always cut and dry. There are multiple parties who could be held liable for a crash, including:
- The other driver responsible for the accident
- The other driver’s employer, if they were driving as part of their work duties
- The government entities who failed to properly maintain the roads
- The manufacturer of your car, if a defect led to your accident
Contact Palazzo Law Firm Today
Car accidents can be serious events. A person can suffer a wide range of injuries, and these injuries can be expensive to treat. Make sure you get the legal and financial help you need from Palazzo Law Firm. Our team will provide you with aggressive representation so that you get fully compensated. To schedule a consultation with an experienced Gretna car accident lawyer, fill out the online form or call 504-433-1442.