Gretna 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer
Many 18-wheelers can be found on Louisiana’s roadways. These trucks play an important role in the economy but they are also dangerous vehicles to be around.
These large trucks can crash for a variety of reasons. When they do, the vehicles around them — like passenger vehicles and motorcycles — are often the ones affected. There is a huge size difference involved, so in these accidents, the smaller vehicles are often totaled, with the occupants seriously injured or killed.
This is a serious situation. If this happens to you, you will want to take legal action and hold the truck driver and trucking company liable for their actions. But you need to act quickly. The Gretna 18-wheeler accident lawyer from Palazzo Law Firm can help.
Common 18-Wheeler Accident Injuries
An 18-wheeler accident can cause many significant injuries such as the following:
- Head injuries. Anything from a concussion to a traumatic brain injury can occur.
- Broken bones. Multiple fractures can occur in these situations.
- Trucks often carry hazardous materials. In a crash, these materials can cause serious burns.
- External wounds. Anything from bruises to lacerations to scarring to lost limbs can occur in an 18-wheeler accident.
- Internal wounds. Organs can be impacted by internal bleeding, which is a life-threatening situation that needs to be treated quickly.
- Spinal cord injuries. Dislocated discs and nerve damage can lead to neck and back pain. A person may also suffer from paralysis.
Why You Need an 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer
Accidents involving 18-wheelers are different from your typical car accidents. There are often many more damages involved due to the size differences, so even if you have auto insurance and medical insurance, they often won’t cover all the expenses.
Truck accidents often require legal assistance. Here are some reasons why you should hire a lawyer:
- Trucking companies often try to deny responsibility. Trucking companies know the best strategies for denying responsibility and avoiding the costs associated with crashes caused by their truck drivers. After an accident, most trucking companies will have lawyers on the scene right away to collect evidence.
- There can be multiple parties involved. Besides the truck driver, many other parties may be involved in a crash, including the trucking company, the leasing company, the loader or shipper of the cargo, and the manufacturer of the truck or its parts, if a defect is involved.
- These cases are complicated. These cases involve many elements, including physics, federal trucking regulations, biology, chemistry, medicine, driving standards, and economics. Accident victims may have to prove their case to a jury by explaining what happened using complicated scientific ideas and principles. This is why having a lawyer on your side is important.
Contact Palazzo Law Firm Today
Truck accident cases can be complex. It’s important to have a strong legal team on your side. Count on the team at Palazzo Law Firm to help you fight your claim and get a fair settlement. To schedule a free consultation with our experienced Gretna 18-wheeler accident lawyer, call 504-433-1442 or fill out the online form.