Construction Injuries and Financial Relief
Because it is a dangerous profession, there are injuries that are common in construction. If you were injured in a Louisiana construction accident, you are likely combating both the strain of physical recovery and the stress of how to manage injury expenses while losing out on wages due to needing time off work to heal.
Thankfully, there are paths to financial relief available. Whether you are able to access the compensation you need through workers’ comp, personal injury negotiations, or legal action will depend on your unique circumstances. To talk through your options, connect with a New Orleans personal injury lawyer.
Industry Hazards and When Construction Injuries Happen
Construction workers face a wide range of hazards every day. Some of the most common injuries in construction include:
- One of the leading causes of injury, falls on construction sites happen in a variety of ways. Workers may fall from scaffolding, ladders, roofs, or other elevated surfaces. Accidents that can result in broken bones, spinal cord injuries, or traumatic brain harm.
- Electrical accidents. Construction workers who are exposed to live electrical wires and other electrical hazards can be burned, shocked, or electrocuted.
- Struck by objects. Workers can be hit by tools or debris falling from high heights or machinery toppling over, resulting in serious injuries.
- Equipment accidents. Construction sites are filled with machinery and heavy equipment. Workers can be involved in accidents involving bulldozers, cranes, forklifts, causing injuries such as fractures or other vehicular accident injuries.
- Chemical exposure. Exposure to hazardous chemicals, such as asbestos or lead, can result in serious respiratory illnesses and other ongoing health problems.
If you have been injured for any of the reasons listed, or sustained an injury in a different type of construction accident, you may be entitled to financial compensation.
Exploring Workers’ Comp and Personal Injury Options
Obtaining compensation for a work injury generally comes through two forms of relief, workers’ compensation claims and personal injury claims.
Workers’ compensation is a no-fault system that provides benefits to employees who are injured on the job. It is a requirement for Louisiana employers to carry workers’ comp insurance, and when you are covered by workers’ compensation insurance, you can receive benefits for medical expenses and lost wages.
But if your injuries were caused by individual negligence, you may be able to file a personal injury claim. In a personal injury claim, you can seek compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering by showing that the other party was negligent or reckless and that their actions caused your injuries. When a personal injury claim is possible, a New Orleans personal injury lawyer will fight for the maximum compensation amount.
What construction injury compensation questions do you have? Legal professionals are available to help you navigate the complex process of obtaining compensation and ensure that your rights are protected after an accident injury in New Orleans, Metairie or Gretna. Connect with the seasoned legal team at Palazzo Law Firm. Call 504-433-1442 for a-free consultation.